RAPID (Revitalise Areas by Planning Investment and Development)
- New RAPID plan prepared for 2006 to 2008
- Funding received to date
- National review of RAPID programme by Fitzpatrick Associates
- For further information contact
- Wide-ranging consultation process with RAPID residents, Resident Associations, Community Assembly and Area Implementation Team.
- A total of 24 projects emerged as priorities for implementation over the period 2006-2008.
- Projects include:- community/resource house, support for youth groups, springboard project, suicide prevention, cctv and the provision of a new community bus and many more.
- Traffic Measures: This Scheme is being funded on a 50/50 basis with DCRGA and Ennis Town Council - €100,000
- Housing Estate Enhancement Scheme: Funded by DCRGA and ETC - €100,000
- Dormant Accounts: 2 part-time recreation facilities co-ordinators - €60,000
- Community/Resource House Gordon Drive - €80,000
- Provision of community bus - €40,000
- Integrated Service Feasibility Study- €20,000
- Social and Community Facilities Scheme: Youth Café - €357,000 (in association with Ennis Town Council)
- Panic Buttons for the Elderly 2006 - €2,350
- Panic Buttons for the Elderly 2007 - €9,090
- Community Support Budget: Supports the development of community input into the RAPID Programme - €12,800
- Communications Budget: Newsletters etc. - €3,500
- Lions Club – Bed-Push (in association with RAPID) - €5,500
- Sports Capital Grant (Dressing Rooms at All-weather pitch) - €130,000
Ennis RAPID was selected for case study analysis. the report identified the strengths and weaknesses of the RAPID programme and the most appropriate way it should develop in the future.
Key recommendation - The program was re-focussed to deal with six key strategic issues that impact on disadvantaged communities:
- Crime and Safety
- Family Support including Youth support
- Physical Environment
- Employment and Training
Telephone: (065) 6846498
Page last updated: 21/05/10