Motor tax, tests & licences
Important: The Motor Tax Office has relocated to Áras Contae an Chláir, New Road, Ennis.
Did you know you can renew your motor tax 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at www.motortax.ie?
- Opening hours - Monday to Friday: 9:15 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (Open through lunch)
- Please note ticketing system now in operation.
- To ensure service you must have a valid ticket.
- Tickets are available at dispenser at entrance to Motor Tax Office.
- Please have your form fully completed and provide all relevant documentation and appropriate fee.
- Please note the Motor Tax Office closes at 3:30 p.m.
Beat the queues - Renew your motor tax / Declare a vehicle temporarily off the road online
The Motor Tax Office is currently experiencing an increase in the number of customers and phone calls, leading to much longer queues and waiting times.
- Did you know that you can conveniently renew your tax online at www.motortax.ie, Telephone: 1890 411 412
- You can now declare a vehicle temporarily off the road online at www.motortax.ie
- All you require is a Credit / Debit/ Laser Card and have received your tax form in the post with your unique PIN.
- Online service available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Internet facilities are available at your local library and the council offices at Scarriff, Kilrush and Westbury.
- Commercial vehicles can now also have their tax renewed online if you have received your unique PIN on your renewal form.
Beat the queues - Post your application
- Post your completed application together with fee and relevant documentation to:
Motor Tax Office,
Clare County Council,
Beat the queues - Pick your time
- You can tax your vehicle in advance of its due date.
- Queue sizes and queuing times are greatly reduced in the middle of the month.
- Motor Tax Service overview
- Pay Motor Tax online
- Motor tax rates
- Q-Mark Award
Page last updated: 19/11/13