The 2009 EIQA Quality and Excellence Awards were held on 30th October 2009 and Clare County Council Motor Tax Department won the Government Services Sector. The office was first awarded the Q-Mark by the EIQA in June 2004 and successfully retained it in 2005, 2006 and 2007. The award recognises the Quality Management Systems in place and the offices’s commitment to customer service. It was achieved through the hard work and dedication of a very committed staff. The office has been nominated in 2008 for a National Award which recognises those organisations who have demonstrated outstanding performance in their industry sector. This is a recognition of our continual improvement since June 2004 which has seen our overall score increase by 10%.
The Q-Mark is a framework through which an organisation can design, maintain and improve itself so that it can create quality output continuously and respond effectively to changing or uncertain conditions.
- Establishes systematic approaches to assuring quality product/service
- Develops a continuous improvement ethos
- Evaluates impact and effectiveness of systematic approach to quality
- Provides consumer recognition of quality efforts made by company
Since applying for the Q-mark Clare Motor Tax office has introduced many improvements to the quality of it’s service including:
- A Customer Charter
- Completion of a survey of customer perceptions and needs
- Continuous monitoring of performance
- Staff training
- Customer complaints procedure
- Development of an overall strategy in relation to service quality
The search for service quality is constantly evolving and further improvements will be made before reapplying for the Q-Mark next year.
Further information regarding the Q-Mark Award and its background can be found at http://www.eiqa.com
Page last updated: 16/02/09