Parking in Ennis
For information on parking in other locations in County Clare see the Clare County Council web site.
Pay and Display operates in all the car parks and also for on-street parking, Monday to Saturday, all year round, except for Bank Holidays. A ticket can be purchased from the pay and display machines. The purchased ticket must then be displayed visibly on the vehicle dashboard.
€1.30 entitles you to either 1, 2 or 4 hours on-street parking depending on the zone. All car parks are €1.30 per hour. (With exception of long stay car parks at Cloughleigh, €2.60 for 8 hours and Glor, €3.90 for 8 hours)
Please consult the bye-laws below for details of the designated areas:
- Ennis Town Council - Car Park Bye-laws 2012 [PDF, 74KB]
- Ennis Town Council - On-Street Pay and Display Bye-laws 2012 [PDF, 81KB]
- Ennis Town Council - Bus Park Bye-laws 2012 [PDF, 31KB]
- Ennis Town Council - Car Park (Fees) Bye-laws 2010 [PDF, 15KB]
- Ennis Town Council - On-Street Pay and Display (Fees) Bye-laws 2010 [PDF, 15KB]
- Ennis Town Council - Parking locations and fees in Ennis [PDF, 20KB]
- Ennis Town Council - Map of parking locations [PDF, 772KB]
- Ennis Town Council - Map of Bus Park Facilities [PDF, 89KB]
The bye-laws are intended to help the motorist by:
- Eliminating obstruction and reducing congestion
- Improving road safety
- Increasing the turnover of on street parking spaces
The bye-laws are prepared by the traffic management section for consideration and adoption by the elected members of Ennis Town Council. Ennis Town Council employs traffic wardens to implement the above bye-laws.
Page last updated: 11/05/12