Central Waste Management Facility
This centre is located beside the N85, 2 kilometres on the Ennis side of Inagh. It incorporates both a recycling centre and transfer station.
Central Waste Management Facility,
Telephone: (065) 6836960
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Thursday: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday: 8:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Sunday: Closed
- Car, or car-based van or 4 wheel drive or equivalent - €5
- Car, or car-based van or 4 wheel drive and small trailer (max. 1.2 cu.m/42cu.ft.) * - €9
- Light van - €12
- All other vehicles and vehicle/trailer combinations - €25
- A minimum charge will apply- €5
These charges are inclusive of V.A.T. at 13.5%
*Small trailer is defined as less than 1.8m/6 ft. long and less than 0.6m/2 ft high.
- Glass jars/bottles
- Aluminium cans
- Food cans
- Plastic bottles
- Heavy duty cardboard
- Tetrapak cartons
- Waste engine oil
- Scrap metal
- Timber (There is a charge of €110.00 per tonne for large quantities of timber)
- Clean Green Waste (Household Only) - Tree branches - Max. diameter 4 cm.
- Waste paints
- Waste cooking oil
- Hard plastics
- Plate glass (no frames or windscreens)
The following items are accepted free of charge for householders:
- Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE), such as fridges, cookers, computers, etc.
- Fluorescent tubes
- Waste batteries
Note: Commercial quantities of the above items will not be accepted. Business premises must make their own arrangements with their waste collectors.
The following waste categories cannot be accepted at this facility:
- Animal carcasses
- Medical and health care waste
- Sewage sludges
- Septic tank effluent
- Farm plastic
If you have any queries regarding the above waste categories please contact:
Tel No.: (065) 6846331
Central Waste Management Facility
Tel No.: (065) 6836960
The facility is also open to the public for general domestic waste at a charge as follows:-
The following Waste disposal Charges will apply from 29th November 2011.
|1 bag*||€7.00 inclusive of VAT at 13.5%|
|Over 12 bags||€210.00 per tonne, inclusive of VAT at 13.5%|
|Car, or car-based Van or 4WD and trailer||€210.00 per tonne, inclusive of VAT at 13.5%|
|Van, Pickup, Tractor and Trailer||€210.00 per tonne, inclusive of VAT at 13.5%|
|Timber (Recyclable Condition Only)||€110.00 per tonne, inclusive of VAT at 13.5% (not subject to landfill levy) - The minimum recycling charge of €5.00 will apply to small quantities in cars.|
|Mattresses||€20.00 - Double mattress inclusive of VAT at 13.5%|
€14.00 - Single mattress inclusive of VAT at 13.5%
|Furniture Unit / Couch||€30.00 - Three seater furniture unit / Couch inclusive of VAT at 13.5%|
€20.00 - Two seater furniture unit / Couch inclusive of VAT at 13.5%
€10.00 - Single seater furniture unit / Armchair inclusive of VAT at 13.5%
|Composter with Kitchen Caddy||€50.00|
* Bag Equivalents - Bag is defined as 40-50 Litres (760 mm/30 in high "swing bin" liners and equivalent) Clare County Council reserves the right to estimate the volume of waste delivered in other bag sizes and/or by other means.
Public weighing of vehicle - €35.00 inclusive of VAT at 21%
Where charges are based on tonnage the vehicles will be weighed and charges rounded to nearest €1.00 with a minimum charge of €70.00 applying.
The cost is inclusive of transportation, processing and disposal of residual waste at a licensed facility elsewhere. The final disposal includes the cost of landfill levy which is currently €50.00 per tonne.
- All food and putrescible refuse must be contained in approved bags.
- VAT is at 13.5% and is effective from 1st July, 2010
Clare County Council reserves the right to refuse entry if containers are full, or for any materials other than those normally accepted at the facility.
The site rules must be adhered to at all times by customers using this facility.
Please note that CCTV surveillance is in operation at various bring banks and Recycling Centres throughout the County. It should be noted that it is an offence under the Litter Pollution Act 1997-2003 to leave any waste materials including bags of household waste, bottles, plastics, cardboard boxes etc. in the vicinity of bring bank receptacles. In the event that bring banks are full, please notify Environment Section on 1800 606 706.
Page last updated: 25/05/11