Central Waste Management recycling facility
AddressCentral Waste Management recycling facility
County Co. Clare
Telephone: (065) 6836960
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Thursday: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday: 8:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Sunday: Closed
Longitude: -9.153843 Latitude: 52.871461
Charges for recyclables effective from 18th January 2011
- Car, or car-based van or 4 wheel drive or equivalent - €5
- Car, or car-based van or 4 wheel drive and small trailer (maximum 1.2 cu. m /42 cu. ft)* - €9
- Light van - €12
- All other vehicles and vehicle/trailer combinations - €25
- A minimum charge will apply - €5
These charges are inclusive of V.A.T. at 13.5%
*Small trailer is defined as less than 1.8 m / 6 ft long and less than 0.6 m / 2 ft high.
- Glass bottles and jars
- Aluminium cans
- Food cans
- Plastic bottles
- Heavy duty cardboard
- Tetrapak cartons
- Waste engine oil
- Scrap metal
- Timber (There is a charge of €110.00 per tonne for large quantities of timber)
- Clean green waste (Householders only) - Tree branches - Max. diameter 4 cm.
- Plate glass (no frames or windscreens)
- Waste paints
- Waste cooking oil
- Hard plastics
The following items are accepted free of charge for householders:
- Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE), such as fridges, cookers, computers, etc.
- Fluorescent tubes
- Waste batteries
Note: Commercial quantities of the above items will not be accepted. Business premises must make their own arrangements with their waste collectors.
The landfill is also open to the public for general domestic waste at a charge and details can be found here.
Thank you for your support.
Please note that CCTV surveillance is in operation at various bring banks and recycling centres throughout the county. It should be noted that it is an offence under the Litter Pollution Act 1997 - 2003 to leave any waste materials including bags of household waste, bottles, plastics, cardboard boxes etc. in the vicinity of bring bank receptacles. In the event that bring banks are full, please notify Environment Section on 1800 606 706.
Page last updated: 25/05/11