Public Sector Information
Ennis Town Council is subject to: Directive 2003/98/EC of the European Parliament and of the council of 17 November 2003 on the re-use of public sector information and to the European Communities (Re-Use of Public Sector Information) Regulations 2005 (SI 279 of 2005) which transpose the directive into Irish law and which came into force on 1st July 2005. (These documents can be obtained on www.psi.gov.ie).
All rights to design, text, graphics and other material on this website are the copyright of Ennis Town Council or other third parties.
Material provided by any third party, including links to other websites from this site, is likely to be copyright of the author. Permission to copy or use any such material must be obtained from the author.
Policy statement and details of charges
Public sector information posted on this website may be downloaded and re-used free of charge without application, subject to the terms and conditions of the latest PSI licence available at www.psi.gov.ie and with the following exceptions:
- Photographs and artwork of any kind
- Brochures, leaflets or other documents whose author is not Clare County Council. These items should include a logo or information about the author - for example, the planning leaflet series from the Department of the Environment, Heritage and Local Government is included in this website for public information purposes - these leaflets were created by the department which retains copyright for the material.
- Documents, plans, maps, drawings, sketches, photographs etc. which are posted on the website for the purposes of enabling the material to be inspected at another time or place or to otherwise facilitate public inspection, (for example plans, maps, drawings submitted in connection with planning applications or as part of an application for a service, grant, licence etc.)
- Other maps of any kind
- Any other documents/information in respect of which third parties hold intellectual property rights, including copyright
Intellectual property rights are likely to be held for material provided by a third party, including links to other websites from this site.
Public sector information owned by Ennis Town Council and not posted on its website may be applied for by writing to the following nominated officer:
Freedom of Information Officer,
You must state clearly that the request is for the re-use of public sector information.
The classes of data available are listed in Ennis Town Council’s Freedom of Information Section 15 Manual.
Policy statement on release of data
Ennis Town Council is not obliged to release any information for re-use. However any information released will be subject to the terms and conditions of the latest PSI Licence available at www.psi.gov.ie or other terms and condition as Ennis Town Council may deem appropriate.
The council will only supply data covered by the regulations in pre-existing format or language.
As well as data protected by intellectual property rights, the Regulations do not provide for the release of personal data or information protected under the Freedom of Information Acts. The regulations do not permit the release of information in a manner that is otherwise prohibited by law.
Ennis Town Council is not liable for any loss or liability associated with the re-use of information and does not certify that the information is up-to-date or error free. The council does not authorise any user to have exclusive rights to re-use the information.
Charges for any documents not available on the website will reflect the cost incurred by Ennis Town Council in the production, collection, reproduction and dissemination of the information.
Where charges are made in respect of search and retrieval and copying of documents the following charges will apply:
- €20.95 per hour in respect of the time spent in producing, collecting and reproducing the information for re-use
- €0.04 per photocopy.
- €10.16 for a CD-ROM
The minimum charge for any one document whether issued in hard-copy, electronic or other format will be €5.00.
Details of the charges/cost of documents will be given to the applicant before the information is released.
All charges must be paid in full before any documents/information will be released.
Page last updated: 03/05/11